Homepage Forums Ambassadors Forum Group Members

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Introduce yourself! Let us know your name, where you teach and what you teach.

Return to the Teacher Ambassador Resources page HERE.

• Joshua
        Spectator

Hi,

I am Josh Blackburn, a 2nd Grade teacher in Fayetteville, TN. I have been teaching for 7 years, all of which have been in 2nd. I LOVE instilling a love of reading in my students! I am so excited to be a part of this great group of educators, and the amazing Alane!

• Debbie
          Participant

Hi! I’m Debbie Cretella from Staten Island, NY. After many years in early childhood classrooms I became the early childhood director/assistant principal last year. Literacy is my favorite thing to learn about! I love creating curriculum for literacy support.

• Sally
            Participant

Greetings! I’m Sally Clark from Las Vegas, Nevada. I am a primary resource teacher (grades k-2) and have been teaching for over 6 years. I am looking forward to connecting with so many of my favorite teachers and of course – Alane and Laurie! Reading is my passion!

• Melissa
              Participant

Hi Friends! I am Melissa Darrow. I currently teach Kindergarten-5th grade reading after spending 21 years in first grade. I am a third generation teacher and live in NC. I love reading and spending time at the beach! I have 3 kids (21,23 and 25 so I guess they aren’t kids anymore ?).

• Yuri
                Participant

My name is Yuri Collins. I teach first grade in Kent, WA. I serve in a very diverse school from low-income to immigrants and refugees. I’m very passionate about reading and providing my students with all the tools they need to succeed! I’m excited to join a community of educators equally passionate about literacy.

• Tina
                  Participant

Hello!! My name is Tina Lusby. This coming year will be my 30th year of teaching!! Not sure how that happened. I currently loop with 1st and 2nd graders in McCleary, WA. This year I have 2nd and next year I will have 1st. I’m super excited to be a part of this group. I haven’t been very active due to several family things that are needing attention, but plan on busting some moves soon! I’m looking forward to connecting with you all!

• Kristen
                    Participant

Hey Hey! I am Kristen Richey. I teach K-5 Reading intervention in central PA. This is my 14th year teaching!  I love the beach (thought I don’t get there often enough), coffee, and reading. I have an adorable troublemaker who is almost ready for Kindergarten and I can’t even handle it. So excited about being a part of this group!

• Janice
                        Participant

Hi! I am so excited to be part of this group! I’m Janice Garcia from San Antonio, Texas. I have been teaching 2nd grade for 21 years.I am the proud mom of 4 kids. Clarissa (senior) Karolina (sophomore), Alexander (3rd), Matthew (K). I can’t wait to get to know each of you a little bit more!

• Jennifer
                        Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi! I am so excited to join this group of awesome teachers! I teach 1st grade special education in Newark, Delaware. I live in Maryland, grew up in Michigan and have been living on the East coast since 2004. This is my 18th year of teaching for me and in all honesty am having one of the best years. I have an awesome co-teacher I work with who makes me laugh all day everyday.</p>
                          <p style=”text-align: left;”>
                          I have been married 11 years, have 2 boys (6 year old – kindergarten; 8 year old – 3rd grade) and an almost 2 year old Labradoodle named Cooper.</p>
                          I can’t wait to get to know everyone!

Jen

• Stacey
                          Participant

Hi all!

I’m Stacey Reed from Baltimore, MD.  This is my 15th year of teaching in the Baltimore City public schools system.  (For 3.5 years, I homeschooled pre-K-6th in Kissimmee, FL.)  This year, I’m teaching AP Seminar, AP Research, and Independent Study Science.  (My science elective tends to change every year.)  Fostering a love for reading is a passion of mine.  So excited to connect with all of you!

• Kristin
                            Participant

Hi everyone!  I’m Kristin Rambo, from Pottstown, PA.  This is my 24th year teaching in the Pottsgrove School District.  I have had the pleasure of teaching pre-first, 1st grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and currently 2nd grade.  I have also had the opportunity to hold the role of IST, but I missed working directly with the kids, so I chose to move back into the classroom.  I love finding new and exciting ways to get my students excited about reading and writing, so Alane’s video series has been an amazing tool in my toolbox!  I am really looking forward to connecting with all of you and learning from you!

• Tangenia
                              Participant

Hi! I’m Tangie Jones, and I am a K-3 Literacy Coach in Louisiana. I taught 2nd grade for almost 19 years before I accepted this position last school year. This is my 20th year in education and 2nd year as a Coach. I look forward to learning and sharing with the group.

• Monica
                                Participant

Hi, I’m Monica Baker. I am a 5th grade teacher from Michigan.  This is my 15th year. Last year I accepted a position in a public school district after being at a charter school for 13 years.  It has been a lot of change, so different.

• Michelle
                                  Participant

Hello new friends! I’m Michelle Woyshner, and I’m a 3rd grade teacher from Delran. NJ. It’s a suburban town outside of Philadelphia. I’ve been teaching in my district for 26 years in kindergarten, second, and third grade. One year I looped with a class to fourth grade. While I am avid reader and enjoy writing, I find teaching ELA to be a little bit challenging at times.  I’m looking forward to use Alane’s videos to get my kids motivated and excited to read and write. I’m always looking for new ideas to implement on the classroom! I became a grandmother this past summer.  My granddaughter, Maddalena Clare, was born in July. I can’t wait to get to know all of you!

• Heather
                                    Participant

Hello all!  I’m Heather Jackson and I teach a 5/6 Split (or combined) class this year.  This is my 16th year teaching, but my 2nd year in my new district.  I taught the first 14 years in charter schools.  I love where I’m at now and I love having the freedom to use Between the Pages this year!!

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.